Anna Dressed in Blood - Kendare Blake There is writing so engrossing that it transcends things like plot and detail, and this is a great example. Looking at the cover and reading a synopsis wouldn't have interested me in this book, but the 4+ out of 5 caught my attention.
The plot immediately came across as more than vaguely reminiscent of Supernatural (if you don't know, it's a show about American brothers who drive around the country hunting ghosts and demons with sometimes magic weapons, one of which, notably, was a knife). I put that aside and quickly got into the story. It got late and I turned out the light and attempted to sleep. I had been on a YA Horror binge and, feeling thoroughly creeped out alone in my apartment, turned the light back on and read through to the end.
Loved it. Loved Anna and how what's his face relived her story. Loved his mother. Loved that Anna got better. Great all around. It was awhile back, so I apologize for the terrible generalized review. When I reread to jog my memory on some of the details I'll come right back.