Dead Sky Morning (Experiment in Terror) - Karina Halle I'm enjoying this series so much I read the first three during work this week. I noticed they all end pretty abruptly, and there's really no resolution in any of the stories. Perry and Dex go experience horrific supernatural events and then manage to narrowly escape with their lives while the ghosts and monsters live on wherever they are, and then it's over. This would work really well in a tv show format, but in novel form it's a bit jarring.
I also thought that by the third book and Dex seeing the Creepy Clown Lady for himself and experiencing Old Roddy in the lighthouse and skinwalkers in the desert he'd believe more in the creepy stuff they chase by now. It doesn't make sense to me that he'd just be willfully ignorant to the point of accusing his partner of being mentally unstable because she sees ghosts. Is this guy joking? He's seen and felt a ton of crazy stuff and he doubts the existence of the supernatural? I hope he gets it together in the next one and stops being such an obnoxious little girl.